28 May 2009

Four.




I did the above photo project (click to enlarge) for my final at Columbia College in Chicago. At the point of shooting the final I was feeling pretty isolated from any kind of discipleship.

A good friend and mentor of mine put out a record with some incredibly impacting and encouraging songs. I was listening to a track off of his record and got this idea for a project. The sum of the separate photos read "Oh heaven rejoice and let the whole earth sing great is our God". I wanted to portray the diversity of who God is and what he has created. I simply asked random passerby's to write in their handwriting the word I had asked. The board in which the writing is on is the board that the actual print of the corresponding photo is matted to.

I like to think that everyone deep down inside of them hopes there is something beyond this journey of life we experience. No matter how cold hearted or distant a person can be I think that a piece of the untainted and pure life they came into this world with still exist in them. kind of like Darth Vader (been watching Star Wars lately).

I guess this project can mean whatever you want it to mean to you.

Check out my bud Jon Shirley here
http://www.myspace.com/jonshirley


TB

1 comment:

cody said...

cool photos! :]

and jon shirley is the man.

i've been writing a lot of poetry...

let me know what you think of it.